I am in Acting II this semester with the same teacher I had for Acting I last semester. My teacher put us in groups and had us each rehearse part of Act 1 of "The Importance of being Ernest" (a play that I don't particularly like). I got the part of Gwendolen Fairfax and, of course, I had long lines. I am great at memorizing lines, and my teacher knows that...but he also knows that I need to use my theater voice when I'm acting. I always get told to speak louder when I perform in his class. Every single time. But this time I finally got it right because he didn't tell me to speak louder when he was telling each of us what we needed to work on. I'm so proud of myself!
Halloween is coming up and I can't wait! I get to hang out with my best friend and we are going to have the coolest costumes in the entire county! She is going to be a super hero and I'm going to be Jasmine from Aladdin! Her mom is making our costumes! They are going to be AMAZING!
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Acting and such.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment